Saturday, May 9, 2009

Look Out, Children

That's what I used to think whenever I passed this house. This was on Francis Lewis Boulevard in Rosedale, in the overgrown yard of a run-down house sometime during 1987 or '88. I liked shooting Kodachrome in the early morning light, and the neighborhood I lived in had plenty of creepy scenes like this. The pupils and lashes on the letter O's are very special, and the open vent on the roof makes me think someone may have recently escaped.

I came upon this and a few other interesting shots while looking for something else. What I was originally looking for I've totally forgotten, but since I have these, I decided not to waste them. More tomorrow.

1 comment:

Sherry said...

There's a lot to be said for photographic flotsam. I don't believe I've seen that one...and I thought I had seen just about everything. Yeah, I'd be creeped out too.