Thursday, June 19, 2008

Clark

I haven't posted any recent pictures of Clark because there haven't really been any recent pictures of Clark. Until this evening, at least. Betsy was sitting by the door, so I went downstairs for the 70-200 f2.8. The late afternoon light was very delicate; I needed the length and speed of that lens if I hoped to get any usable images.

But when I got back upstairs Betsy had deserted me, and Clark was testing the breeze. He moves around fast when he's sniffing open air, and it's hard getting focus on such a twitchy subject using a short depth of field, but at this point he was transfixed by something in the trees over my shoulder. I locked focus on his right eye and pulled off three or four shots. ISO 320, 200mm @f2.8, 1/50 second.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He looks more intelligent than usual. Never mind cats! Take photos of my pretty cactus flowers!

Sharon Kugler said...

Beautiful color in the eyes!