Monday, May 5, 2008

Of Trees and Knees


I want it to be clear that I was in no way responsible for these children being up in the tree; regardless of the fact that the little girl is hardly dressed for tree-climbing in that knee-length skirt, it was entirely her idea. Yes, despite the scowl of the young man, I did not heartlessly pursue them merely for the sake of posterity. They were not running away from me, and were going to be climbing the tree anyway. That I was there with a camera was added benefit.


I'm very proud of this shot of Sophia, or, Evie, as she prefers to be known. Proud, simply because this is about as close as I'm ever going to get to having her smile for me. Ever.

Evie, or Evil, as this makes me think of her, has for the last two years been my holiday challenge, as I attempt to photograph her and her brother for their parent's Christmas card. Evie simply will not smile for me, and neither threat of punishment nor promise of treat can coerce her cooperation.

This time I think I won; she's smiling behind her knees in this one, that you can see in her eyes.

3 comments:

Sharon Kugler said...

So..treed and kneed.
Congratulations on catching the smile.

Neil J Murphy said...

Thank you. I'm going to steal that line for my title....

Anonymous said...

i jumped on ur blogs accidentally.. but i really aprreciate it.. i love ur blogs!!

maqcoi@yahoo.com

that's my email.add..

www.friendster.com/marcux

thnx